Knowing himself, Robert was sure to inform them, "you will need more anaesthetic than what you’d think, and it’s going to take longer for it to take effect. Just make sure that it's taking effect.” The paramedics reassured him, and as they were talking they were waiting for Robert to show signs that he was sedated. Then they said they were going to do it, and in his mind he was thinking, "I don’t feel sedated, but I must be because they’re the professionals.” They administered the jolt – 100 joules. “I thought I was going to hit the roof! It is a good thing I was strapped down. I thought my eyes were going to pop out. I did feel it, and I will never forget that.” Robert realized after that he should have stood up for himself, that there’s nothing wrong with being honest and telling them, “I don't feel good about this” or “I’m scared.”
It is your right to speak up for your safety, you are not just a passenger in your care, you are a partner. Say something as soon as it seems wrong. It’s your health – be part of the conversation.
* 𝘐𝘥𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘧𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘥𝘦𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘭𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘥, 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘴 𝘢 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘰𝘯’𝘴 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘦𝘹𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘵𝘩𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘔𝘢𝘯𝘪𝘵𝘰𝘣𝘢 𝘢𝘴 𝘵𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘳 𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘥𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘔𝘢𝘯𝘪𝘵𝘰𝘣𝘢 𝘐𝘯𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘵𝘶𝘵𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘗𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘚𝘢𝘧𝘦𝘵𝘺.

Comments
Post a Comment